What is a Consultation?
What Art School Didn’t Teach You assists creative business owners with tackling a project or goal in mind. Consultations are designed with your needs, pace, and creative style in mind.
Consultations are great to work on:
- Creative Business Operations
- Product Development
- Display & Merchandising
- Grant Proposal Review
- Social Networking & Digital Marketing Strategies
- Artist & Business Websites
- Creative Accountability & Project Management
- E-commerce Shop Development
Who Should Try a Consultation?
What Art School Didn’t Teach You assists hobbyists, art students, emerging artists, and mid-career on tackling your creative and business goals. Consultation are perfect for:
- Emerging artists looking to establish their career and find their voice and style
- Creatives coming back to their art after years of creative hiatus
- Mid-career artist who needs help with some business skill building
- Creative business owners who need some strategy & guidance (creatives, makers, crafters)
Consultations are designed with your needs and your creative style in mind. We are here to assist, coach, talk and mentor you along the way towards your own success.
How do I Prepare and What Can I Expect?
The best consultations will have clients come to the table with pre-determined questions or a project that they need assistance with. Consultation sessions are held digitally Google Hangouts. There are options for consultations by phone as well. Make sure you have a web camera, access to the internet, and can connect to Google Hangouts.
You can also expect the following from a consultation:
- Personal one-on-one business training & strategies
- Self-directed curriculum, you decide the topic
- Supported creative work
- Affordable coaching and support for artists and creative business owners
- Active learning & skill building set at your pace
- Sense of possibility
- Increased productivity
- Accountability, follow-up and feedback aimed at success
Consulting is Not…
Consultations are not therapy, art therapy, or counseling. A trained and licensed therapist should always be used for concerns or topics outside a business or art consultation.